Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mayhem in Rome!

While watching the Germany-Italy semi-final match last night, I said to myself: “Watch that with 30 seconds to go Ballack will score”. I still, the day after the match, can’t believe that Italy won! It's as though I were shell-shocked from the victory. I immediately ran out of the house with my video cam and digital camera to take some pics of the neighbourhood and streets of Rome. At one point, it seemed as though Italy had actually won the World Cup! Even Chinese immigrants were out with their cars and waving the Italian national flag! I can’t imagine what’ll happen Sunday, July 9th, if Italy wins. We'll most likely go to the Circus Maximus to watch the final on the large screen which they set up for the semi-final match. And all this comes just 2 days before the Rolling Stones’s concert in Milan (I was there 3 years ago for their concert). Back in 1982 when Italy won its last and 3rd world title, the Stones played in Torino. Jagger came out wearing a Paolo Rossi top after becoming the hero of that World Cup in Spain. If Italy wins, will Jagger come out wearing a Totti jersey?

No comments: